Celebrating National Dental Hygiene Month
Every October is National Dental Hygiene Month. The American Dental Hygienists’ Association (ADHA) initiates a national campaign to celebrate and recognize the role dental hygienists play in improving the health of their patients. Everyone loves a clean mouth, right?
Why is National Dental Hygiene Month Important?
- Promote the value of oral health. Good oral health is essential for overall health, so this month is all about the importance of maintaining your healthy smile.
Encourages you to evaluate your own oral home care routines. It is recommended to brush twice a day for 2 minutes and clean between your teeth once a day. Here are some ideas of what you can use to clean between your teeth.
- TePe Original Interdental Brushes are small brushes used to clean between the teeth. The short broad handle makes it easy to hold, and there are nine sizes to fit narrow to wide spaces.
- TePe EasyPick is a comfortable on-the-go option to clean between the teeth. The silicone coating makes it gentle on the gums and the travel case makes it convenient to carry.
- TePe Mini Flosser is a pre-loaded floss holder made from bio-based plastic and wood fibers. The unique bite plane helps to gently insert the floss.
- Celebrate your dental hygienist. The role of the dental hygienist is aimed at prevention of oral disease with consideration on whole-body health. When you visit your dental professional, you may remember your hygienist completing oral disease screenings, cleaning your teeth, taking x-rays, or having conversations about how you can impact your own oral health through daily habits. We’re there to support you on your way towards sustainable, healthy habits!