Your smile contributes to healthy aging
Healthy Aging Month is an annual observance during September designed to focus national attention on the positive aspects of growing older. It is important to take personal responsibility for your health, to improve physical, mental, social and financial well-being. As we transition from summer to fall, perhaps this is a good time for adults to think about new aspirations.
Do you want to be better at cooking? Do you want to try a new physical goal, for example biking? Maybe you want to incorporate better oral health practices into your daily routine, which is also important for your overall health. Whatever it might be, why not go for it. Here are some tips to make you feel confident about your oral health.
- Clean between your teeth once a day and brush twice a day.
- Having good oral health also improves your breath. When brushing your teeth, cleaning between your teeth and cleaning your tongue you help disrupt the bacteria that causes bad breath. Try out the TePe Tongue Cleaner.
- Everyone’s mouth is different, so you may need more than a standard toothbrush. Here are some examples of specialty brushes that may work great for your specific needs.
- TePe Compact Interspace Specialty Brush is a single tuft brush for cleaning areas like the back of the last tooth, furcations, where there is recession and implants.
- TePe Compact Tuft Specialty Brush has a small, firm dome-shaped tuft to allow access for hard-to-reach areas.
- TePe Universal Care Specialty Brush has a unique contra-angle handle making it perfect to reach in narrow areas from the tongue side like bridges, implants and much more.
It is even said that people who smile more are often happier. We hope these tips bring a smile to your face!