Are you Making this Common Toothbrushing Mistake?
It is recommended to brush in the morning and the evening before bed. It is also important to consider when we brush in relation to consumption of food and beverages.
Here are a couple more tips for protecting your teeth.
- Limit—or avoid—acidic beverages like soft drinks. If you do indulge, use a straw.
- Do not hold acidic beverages in your mouth longer than needed. Just sip and swallow.
- Choose nutritious fibrous foods to eat.
- Don’t snack or sip on acidic beverages throughout the day. Give your mouth time to recover.
- After a more acidic meal or beverage, rinse your mouth with water, drink milk, or enjoy a snack of cheese right afterward. Dairy and other calcium-rich foods can help neutralize acids (Mouthhealthy, ADA).