Happy Father’s Day from TePe Oral Health Care
In celebration of Father’s Day, we want to take a moment to think about fathers and thank them for all the efforts they put into raising children. To be the best father, you must first take care of yourself. One aspect of self-care is oral health. You have the opportunity to lead by example by establishing habits like brushing, cleaning between your teeth and seeing your dental professional. Here at TePe we would love to give you some simple tips on oral health care related to being a dad.
Oral Health Care Tips for Dads:
- Model the behavior you want your kids to exhibit. You are their role model.
- With younger kids, it can be fun and a health-focused activity to set aside family time for teeth brushing. Children value the engagement and support you can bring to oral habits.
- Parents should help their children brush their teeth until they are old enough to do it themselves—usually around 8-10 years old or around the time they can write a complete address and cut out complex shapes. This will reinforce good techniques.
- Utilize on-the-go teeth cleaning options, like the TePe EasyPick, when life gets busy with all your kid’s commitments.
- Remember to brush your own teeth twice a day and clean between your teeth once a day.
When your family asks what gift ideas you want for Father’s Day, remember dental health goodies or a new toothbrush are great options.
Thank you for taking care of your children’s teeth. Being a parent is no easy task, so we hope you get lots of hugs this weekend. Also, remember to give your own dad and children your best smile! 😊