Show some appreciation for dental professionals!
During the month of March there are specific days set aside for appreciation of your dental professionals. The first week is dental assistant appreciation week, the second week is dental hygienist appreciation week, and on March 6th it is dentist day. Each dental professional has a unique role in supporting excellent oral health.
- The dental assistant has many varied responsibilities from assisting the dentist during a variety of procedures, direct patient care, office management tasks and many more possibilities.
- The dental hygienist focuses on prevention. They will threat oral diseases to protect the teeth and gums with consideration of whole-body health.
- The dentist is your doctor of oral health. The dentist will evaluate, diagnosis, prevent, and treat diseases, disorders, and conditions of the oral cavity and associated structures and their impact on the human body.
Why visit a dentist a regularly? Going to your dentist regularly will help ensure a preventive approach to your health care. Dental health problems are seen early, and treatment is likely to be simpler and more affordable. Also, some diseases or medical conditions have symptoms that can appear in the mouth.
Examples of when to visit a dental health professional:
- It’s time for your regular dental checkup
- Pain or swelling in your mouth, face or neck
- Gums are puffy or bleeding
- Your mouth has spots or sores
- Trouble eating, chewing or swallowing
- Dry mouth
- Jaw Pain
- You have medical conditions or are undergoing medical treatment
Visit your dentist on a regular schedule to ensure you have proper oral health!