What is a TePe Compact Tuft Brush?
The TePe Compact Tuft is an angled brush with a small, dome-shaped tuft with tightly packed short bristles that give a firm feel.
This brush is versatile. It can be used with:
- attachments for overdentures
- fixed braces
- along the gum line
- emerging or partially erupted teeth
- misaligned teeth
- removing surface stain
- removing sticky plaque
How to use the Compact Tuft Brush
Due to its versatility, instructions for using the compact tuft specialty brush will be unique to your situation. Here are some common situations when this brush would be useful.
- When using along the gumline, hold the brush tip at a 45-degree angle towards the gum line, moving the tip gently back and forth.
- When using on the top of the tooth, hold the brush tip at a 90-degree angle towards the biting surface of the tooth. Move the brush tip gently with small, circular movements. This will clean the grooves and help prevent cavities. This works for emerging teeth or partially erupted teeth.
- When cleaning around orthodontic appliances, implants, or attachments for overdentures use minimal pressure to flare the bristles outwards moving in a back and forth motion.
Cleaning orthodontic appliances
Cleaning attachments for overdentures