Using and Replacing Interdental Brushes
TePe Original Interdental Brushes are small brushes specially designed to clean between your teeth, where a regular toothbrush does not reach. The wire holding the bristles is plastic coated and is safe to use around dental implants and natural teeth. The handle is short and broad for a steady grip.
How to Use the Interdental Brush
- Use your interdental brush once a day, preferably in the evening before toothbrushing.
- With nine sizes, you must find the perfect one for you. You want the bristles to fit snuggly between the teeth, but the wire should not be touching either adjacent tooth.
- When using, insert gently and move the interdental brush full length back and forth a few times. Make sure you clean between every tooth.
- If it’s difficult to reach further back in the mouth, bend the brush by pressing the flexible tip (sizes pink to blue) or bend the wire like a “C shape” (sizes yellow to gray).
- After you’re done, rinse your brush with water and let it dry until the next use. You can put the ventilated cap on for extra protection.
Replacing Your Interdental Brush
Change the brush when the bristles become worn and start to collapse. The purpose of the bristles is to mechanically debride all surfaces between the teeth, and if the bristles are collapsed they may not reach all those grooves and depressions.
Watch this video for more information on interdental brushes and how to use them!